ACTFL has an immediate opening for a Director of Contracts and Compliance. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Contracts and Compliance is responsible for developing, managing, and administering Government contracts and subcontract agreements of varying size and complexity. The Director of Contracts and Compliance oversees contract administration and ensures compliance with ACTFL policies and procedures, applicable federal rules and regulations, and ethical standards. The Director of Contracts and Compliance leads and manages the contracts team.
- Provides day-to-day direction to and manages the Contracts and Compliance staff, including four (4) direct reports.
- Plans and oversees lead contract negotiations, maintain contract data requirements and deliverables to ensure contractual actions, including proposals, are delivered on time.
* The primary focus will be providing contract analysis and review of RFPs and other competitive government contract proposals, including FFP, T&M, all Cost-type contracts, etc.
* Subcontract management, including subcontracts, teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other agreement tools consistent with ACTFL and client regulations
* Prepares and negotiates subcontract agreements, including flow-down of prime-contract clauses
* Meet business and contract objectives with the contract terms and ACTFL’s and client regulations (e.g., SAM.gov, service contractor reporting, GSA schedule reporting, FSRS, ESRS, CPARS, etc.)
- Participate in the annual ACTFL Convention (November).
- Serve as a member of the ACTFL leadership team.
- M.A. or equivalent or doctoral degree in language education, applied linguistics, testing, and assessment or related field
- Proficiency in one or more world languages required
- Certified ILR OPI Tester preferred
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills
- Experience working with Government agencies, including DHS, DoEd, and DoD, as well as prime government contractors
- Must have a strong background and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), GSA Schedules and other associated supplemental contracting regulations, e.g., DFARS, FFP, Cost Reimbursement, Time, and Materials, Teaming Agreements and Nondisclosure Agreements
ACTFL offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits packages, which includes:
- Flexible work schedule options: remote, in office, or hybrid
- Dental – 100% Premium covered by the employer
- Vision - 100% Premium covered by the employer
- Employer-paid short- and long-term disability
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- 401K with company match (after six months of employment)
- 12 paid holidays, in addition to a week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Flexible Spending Account (FSAs)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits
- Free Parking
- Voluntary Benefits, including Pet Insurance, ID Theft Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, and Legal Services.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should review the full position description and apply by email to email@example.com . Please include:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
Providing vision, leadership, and support for quality teaching and learning of languages, ACTFL is an individual membership organization of more than 13,000 language educators and administrators from elementary through graduate education, as well as government and industry. Since its founding in 1967, ACTFL has become synonymous with innovation, quality, and reliability in meeting the changing needs of language educators and their learners. It is where the world’s educators, businesses, and government agencies go to advance the practice of language learning.
ACTFL’s professional development and career resources, events, networking opportunities, publications, research, assessment tools, support and promotion of standards, and advocacy elevate understanding and support for the value of language learning at all levels of instruction.
ACTFL’s work as a trusted, independent center of excellence empowers educators to prepare learners for success in a 21st-century global society; helps government agencies build language capacity in the U.S. and abroad; and connects businesses with the resources and relationships they need to succeed.