Full-Time/Tenure Track- MODERN LANGUAGES- JAPANESE INSTRUCTOR
Salary: $61,183.00 - $127,482.00
Deadline: Friday, February 1, 2019
Please click on the link below to review the detailed job bulletin: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/smcacademic/jobs/2241242/full-time-tenure-track-modern-languages-japanese-instructor?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
• Teach courses in elementary and intermediate Japanese
• Assist in the advancement of technology within the modern language lab and classroom
• Maintain office hours
• Participate in curriculum development, student learning outcome (SLO) development and assessment, departmental program review, academic and career advisement, staff development programs, and college and departmental committees and activities.
• Master's Degree in the language being taught
• A Bachelor's Degree in the language being taught AND a Master's Degree in another language or linguistics
• the Equivalent
• Possession of an appropriate valid California Community College Credential authorizing service in the specified subject area(s).
• Ph.D. in Japanese, experience teaching Japanese, and mastery of one or more of the following languages: American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or Turkish
• Demonstrated excellence in college teaching
• Experience working with and managing language software programs
• Experience conducting workshops or presentations on the use of technology in the classroom, and online experience teaching hybrid or online language courses
• Experience developing curriculum
• Experience developing and leading study abroad programs; evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the socio-economic, academic, cultural and ethnic diversity within the community college student population including students with physical and/or learning disabilities as these factors relate to differences in learning styles.
FT Faculty Application Requirements
A standard application consists of the following:
• Online District Application
• Cover Letter
• Two (2) Confidential Letters of Recommendation
* Additional, job-specific items may be required.Please refer to the job posting for specific details.
PLEASE NOTE:THE E-MAILS TO YOUR REFERENCE WRITERS REQUESTING CONFIDENTIAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE NOT GENERATED UNTIL THE APPLICATION IS COMPLETE.YOU MUST FINISH YOUR APPLICATION AND CLICK SUBMIT FOR THE E-MAILS TO GO OUT.PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND AND ALLOW ENOUGH TIME FOR YOUR REFERENCE WRITERS TO RECEIVE THE REQUEST AND SUBMIT THE LETTERS PRIOR TO THE RECRUITMENT DEADLINE.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all application materials, including the letters of recommendation, are received prior to the recruitment deadline.
Starting salaries for FT Faculty are based on a combination of experience and educational achievement.Initial placement is within the starting salary range.Further advancements are based on longevity and educational growth.
Internal Number: 58919
BACK TO TOP
ACTFL Job Central is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ACTFL Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ACTFL Job Central.