Applicant must either have a current Utah Secondary teaching license, a current out-of-state license, or have already been approved for the Alternate Route to Licensure (ARL) program through the Utah State Board of Education.
In and out-of-state applicants must upload a copy of their current state license with their application in order to be considered. Applicants without a teaching license would be Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) candidates and applicants must upload a copy of their ARL eligibility letter in order to be considered. For information on Utah ARL http://www.schools.utah.gov/cert/Forms/ARLProcess.aspx
• Secondary French teaching license or degree in French.
• Proof of oral proficiency in French at minimum Advanced-Mid level (Advanced-High level preferred) must be uploaded to application. This can be an official OPI from ACTFL or a certification of proficiency through UFLA.
•Be willing to get World Language and Dual Language Immersion Endorsements – Applicant will be required to complete these endorsements within the first three years if they presently do not have them.
• Must be willing to collaborate with university professor in a co-teaching model for Bridge courses for students in grades 10-12.
• Must be willing to have outside guests in the classroom for observations.
• Will be responsible for French 3 and higher, including French 5 DLI, AP and IB French classes.
• Willing to use technology to enhance student engagement.
• Must use French for oral instruction and interaction with students.
• Will be responsible for creating meaningful, contextualized lessons focused on communication and the USBE Core Curriculum.
• Model, motivate, and encourage oral interactions between and among students using French.
• Evaluate student academic progress through various formal and informal language proficiency assessments.
• Must be able to build a positive working relationship with students, school, staff, state, university staff, administration, business partners, parents and the community.
• Preference given to applicants willing to help with extracurricular activities.
• Position begins with the 2017 – 2018 school year.
• Applicants must apply at http://www.graniteschools.org/hr/employment-opportunities/ and provide a current resume in order to be considered.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact:
Sharon Gracia, World Language Specialist (385)-646-4238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheri Sorensen, Associate Director Dual Immersion (385)-646-7341 or email@example.com
Doug Bingham, Principal, at (385) 646-5420 or firstname.lastname@example.org