ACTFL Center for Assessment, Research and Development
Quality Assurance Specialist- ILR OPI Testing
- A full-time exempt position
- ILR Testing Quality Assurance Specialist reports to the ILR Tester Program Manager and works closely with the Associate Director of CARD.
ACTFL is seeking a quality assurance specialist for its Center for Assessment, Research and Development (CARD). Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Quality Assurance: Support Tester, Rater, and Interagency Reliability:
- Conduct quality assurance reviews; develop and implement tester/rater support based on patterns of tester and rater performance
- Develop and implement proactive methods for ensuring adherence to the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) proficiency scale and upholding ACTFL standards for OPI testing (e.g. tester/rater readiness activities, self-analysis activities, etc.)
- Complete reviews of rater justifications and make final rating recommendations
- Review rating histories across raters/testers, languages, clients, etc.
- Schedule and facilitate regular rater/tester conferences and norming
- Author quality assurance action reports
- Workshop Development and Delivery: Prepare learning materials and facilitate workshops
- Develop novel OPI tester training approaches based on sound pedagogy, teaching methodology, systematic data analysis and identified testing trends
- Develop learning materials with attention to: sound assessment, methodology, and learner engagement principles as well as by applying tested instructional design theories and practices
- Facilitate workshops and rater norming sessions in formats including face to face, blended and/or online settings
- On-Site Test Coordination: Act as the onsite project coordinator for face to face testing requirements (travel required)
- Finance Management: Receive, verify and process consultant invoices in accordance with established budgetary parameters
- Project Management: Employ a sound project management approach,
- Professionalism: Demonstrate good judgment, professionalism, sound application of subject matter expertise; responsiveness in support of the ACTFL mission.
- Collaborate across ACTFL departments and with ACTFL’s testing distributor to enhance the quality of offerings
- Participate in the annual ACTFL Convention
- M.A. or equivalent degree in language education, applied linguistics, testing and assessment, world language or related field
- Proficiency in one or more world languages required
- OPI tester certification preferred; familiarity with the OPI required
- Ability to identify problems, conceptualize solutions, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills; ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a people-friendly attitude and an upbeat, positive demeanor
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, cooperatively and collegially in a results-oriented environment
- This position is appropriate for individuals with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR Proficiency Scale) required
- ESOL or World Language teaching experience preferred and/or experience in language proficiency oriented environments
- Adept use of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience working in online and blended instructional settings required
- Material design experience preferred
Apply online by providing: Letter of interest stating how qualifications have been met; current Curriculum Vitae, and a list of 3 professional references.
- This position begins July 1, 2017.
- This position is contract-based; this contract has been awarded to ACTFL. Continuation of the position is contingent upon employee performance and upon contract continuation.
- This position is located in Alexandria, VA, but could be relocated to Monterey, CA.
- This position requires the ability to travel. Travelling may occur up to 40% of time, but on average, 25% of the time.
- Applications will be reviewed beginning May 15 until the position is filled.