District of Columbia International School (DCI) is a public charter middle and high school in DC. We aim to provide our students with a world-class education that empowers them to follow their passions and change the world. DCI’s education centers on the:
- International Baccalaureate curriculum framework;
- Advanced language learning in Chinese, Spanish and French; and
- A culture focused on student agency supported by 1:1 technology.
We currently serve 520 racially and economically diverse students in grades 6-9. We will move to the Walter Reed campus in 2017 where we will grow into a 6-12 middle and high school and serve 1500 students.
While only in our third year DCI has become IB World School and has been rated Tier 1, the highest rating by our authorizer the Public Charter School Board. We are dramatically increasing our staff in 2017-18 and look forward to receiving your application. Come join a great team building a great school!
DCI is hiring a full time Spanish Language Arts & Humanities Teacher. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to pass a background check. No phone calls please.
Position Overview: This teaching position entails instructional and planning responsibilities for providing IB Spanish education to students at DCI during the school year. This content will be taught in Spanish.
Faculty and Staff Development/Benefits:
DCI is committed to the principles of servant leadership and to providing faculty and staff with the resources and training they need to provide an excellent education experience for every student and family.
- We have a benefits package that includes health and disability insurance and paid leave.
- We offer teachers daily planning time, professional development, and reasonable class sizes.
- Teachers and staff have the appropriate technology and support to do their work.
DC International School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural and multilingual environment.