- BA/BS or equivalent in Mandarin language, Chinese culture, and/or Education.
- Five years’ teaching experience with Middle and/or Upper School students
- Native or native-like fluency in Mandarin and strong English speaking skills
- IT skills: general digital literacy, intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite, database skills, web applications including Google Docs, Zoom or Skype, etc.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Three to five years of experience teaching in an independent school
- MA/MS or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Experience with inquiry-based teaching and Project-based learning
- Experience using digital tools and teaching in a 1:1 laptop environment
- Experience traveling abroad and/or leading student immersion trips
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop curriculum with consideration of scope and sequence
- Ability to maintain a flexible mindset and an innovative approach to teaching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and maintain collegial relations with colleagues
- Intercultural competence, ability to interact appropriately with a diverse array of students, coworkers, family members; ability to teach diverse groups of students effectively
- Knowledge of educational technology; openness to innovation, willingness to learn, ability to integrate evolving IT into curriculum
- Primarily classroom environment, ability to sit at computer and keyboard for moderate periods
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
- Mobility sufficient to move about the campus
- Ability to see, hear, and speak to interact with students, parents, and groups of individuals
COMPENSATION: OES faculty salary scale – based on education and experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please visit the OES website at http://www.oes.edu to learn more about the School and its programs. Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and completed application, available here: http://www.oes.edu/uploaded/contacts/application.pdf to the attention of Middle School Division Head Ann Sulzer at email@example.com, or Oregon Episcopal School, at 6300 SW Nicol Road, Portland, OR 97223. Open until filled. No phone calls please.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.