Scholarship for a Master's Degree in TESOL while teaching Chinese at a High School
February 14, 2018
American South, United States
Full Time - Entry Level
Middle/Junior High thru High School
4 Year Degree
ALLEX [www.allex.org/cn] has a scholarship/teaching assistantship available for an M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) or Linguistics at a large state university in the American South. The successful candidate will teach Chinese every day for two hours at a nearby high school while pursuing a fully funded master's degree by taking TESOL/Linguistics classes in the afternoons and evenings at the sponsoring university.
Candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
1. Must have TOEFL of 80 or above (IELTS 6.5).
2. Must have a current GRE score (Analytical Writing score of 3.0 preferred.)
3. Must have B.A. degree with GPA of 3.0.
4. Must have a high school or middle school teaching license in their home country or from a U.S. state.
5. Must have a driver’s license and experience driving a car.
6. Must be willing and able to purchase a car.
7. Be available to join the ALLEX program from the middle of June, 2018. For more information on the ALLEX program, costs of participation and required training, please see: www.allex.org/cn
8. Fluent in Mandarin
The successful candidate will receive:
1. A full tuition waiver for 2 years to get a M.A. in TESL or Linguistics.
2. A stipend of $13,000 each year for two years.
3. A 50% subsidy toward the purchase of health insurance.
Additional Salary Information: Compensation is tuition waiver for master's degree in TESOL plus $13,000.
About ALLEX Foundation
The ALLEX Foundation (Alliance for Language Learning and Educational Exchange) was founded with the primary mission of advancing global understanding and intercultural exchange through education. We advance this mission with programs that encourage the establishment of high quality East Asian language programs at educational institutions in the United States and Canada.