The Cooper International Learning Center (CILC) at Oberlin College seeks a Language Technology Specialist (LTS) to promote and support the use of technology in the teaching and learning of modern languages, literatures, and cultures. This is a one year, with possibility of renewal, full-time, 10-month Administrative and Professional Staff position reporting to the Director of the CILC. For more information about CILC, please visit our website: http://languages.oberlin.edu/.
The LTS works closely with the CILC Director to support approximately 40 language faculty, as well as affiliated staff and students. In this role, the LTS:
• Oversees the hardware and software maintenance of 24 Macintosh workstations via Carbon Copy Cloner, Apple Remote Desktop, and other tools.
• Administers the CILC’s cloud-hosted web server, including installation and configuration of web-based services (placement tests, course blogs, usage tracker, etc.), and maintenance of the backup system.
? Acts as liaison to the Oberlin Center for Teaching Enhanced Technology (OCTET) to help coordinate institutional initiatives and align CILC initiatives accordingly
• Provides technical support to faculty, staff, and students related to instructional materials
• Proactively supports existing software and apps (e.g. VoiceThread, Wordpress, iMovie, EDpuzzle, Seesaw) for the teaching of foreign languages, literatures, and cultures.
• Researches new technologies and tools for potential adoption in the CILC, sharing this information regularly with the Director and other interested parties.
• Leads technology training and orientation sessions for faculty and students.
• Assists with the training and supervision of approximately 8 student assistants.
• Grounding in best practice the integration of multimedia technology into language teaching and assessment
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Review of applications will begin January 15, 2018 and continue until position is filled.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; experience using and supporting applicable technologies as well as recent versions of OSX, Windows, iOS and Android operating systems in an academic environment; experience leading small-group training sessions; ability to navigate, maintain, and update databases; excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills; second language experience; experience administering a Linux-based server via command-line interface; high level of skill in using and supporting WordPress; demonstrated commitment to a proactive support model; ability to work independently and as part of a team; familiarity with Python and Django as well as successful supervisory experience a plus.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Within the range established for this position, the annual salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, and an excellent benefits package.
Oberlin College & Conservatory is a four-year, highly selective liberal arts college that combines a top-ranked college of arts and sciences with a world-renowned conservatory of music. Combined, the two divisions enroll approximately 2,900 students. Founded in 1833, Oberlin College & Conservatory was the first college in America to make interracial education and coeducation central to its missi...on-traditions that live today within a commitment to positive social engagement.
Located 35 miles southwest of Cleveland, OH, Oberlin College & Conservatory has earned a reputation of excellence based on the quality of its richly diverse student body, outstanding faculty, excellent facilities, and academic and technological resources.
Learn more at http://new.oberlin.edu/about